By Lauren Fox & Claire Radler
“I remember praying to die. At the grotto, I remember praying to die.” – Morgan Monte, 34, a peer support specialist for a community of mental health.
In her late teenage years and during her sophomore and junior years at Notre Dame, Morgan Monte struggled with depression and suicidal thoughts, the same issues that she helps others combat today through her work.
“It was in my mind all the time, like thoughts of being worthless. Everything I did, my mind would find a way to tell me that I screwed up somehow,” Monte said.
More than half of Notre Dame students participate in a study abroad program during their time at Notre Dame, whether that be during the academic year or in the summer. Notre Dame International offers 52 study abroad programs during the academic year and 19 in the summer. In this youtube video you can take a trip around the world and visit 10 of the most popular study abroad locations Notre Dame students participate in. Here is a list of the locations visited in the tour:
Starting Point: Notre Dame, Indiana
- Château D’Angers — Angers, France
- Guinness Storehouse — Dublin, Ireland
- Tivoli Gardens — Copenhagen, Denmark
- Acropolis — Athens, Greece
- Big Ben — London, England
- Catedral de Puebla — Puebla, Mexico
- Perth Mint — Perth, Australia
- Colosseum — Rome, Italy
- Catedral de Toledo — Toledo, Spain
- La Moneda Palace — Santiago, Chile